This feature helps a client or patient complete the survey on Tickit without interruption or distraction from other applications on the iPad. The last thing you want is for someone to leave your survey in order to check their Facebook page or play Angry Birds. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to put your iPad that locks down device access to a single application. Even better, this feature does not require any 3rd party apps or special mounting hardware; it’s built right into iOS itself.
1) Go to the "SETTINGS" menu on your iPad.
2) Open “SETTINGS”.
3) Go to “GENERAL” and scroll to “ACCESSIBILITY”.
4) Tap on “GUIDED ACCESS” (Scroll down the page a little, it’s under the “Learning” section)
5) Flip the switch to “ON”.
6) Tap on “SET PASSCODE” (this will prevent users from leaving “GUIDED ACCESS” mode)
7) Enter a passcode.
Using Guided Access Steps
1) Open the app that you want to pin (Tickit®).
2) Triple click the home button to open the Guided Access Menu.
3) Click START at the top right-hand corner.
4) You have now enabled guided access. To disable it, simply triple-click the home button, type in the password and choose End.
The following settings are required for Tickit to run as smoothly as possible:
• Disable Sleep/Wake button
• Disable Volume buttons
• Enable touch gestures (tap on screen)
• Disable screen rotation