This feature is only available to Superusers, Clinical Administrators and Managers.
Survey Masking allows clinical staff to select which questions from a survey they would like to enable/disable on Tickit®.
1) Log in to the Tickit dashboard and go to the Surveys tab on side menu bar.
2) Find the targeted survey, and click on the Survey mask button to open the page.
3) All questions are enabled by default. Uncheck the corresponding checkbox to hide a question.
4) Click on the Save button after you enabled all needed questions.
- The survey masking feature needs to be turned on by Tickit. Please contact Tickit at email@example.com, or call us at 1-877-401-7644 if you need it.
- If there are groups of questions (branched questions) you need to enable all or none.
How does Survey Masking Affect Other Features?
Survey masks are separate even in the account segregation scenario. However, the parent account has access to change survey masks for all child accounts (including grandchild accounts). If the parent account propagates surveys down to the child accounts or the child accounts pull surveys from parent account, the survey masks are not preserved.
With survey masking on, the CSV Exports of the survey will have all of the masked questions marked as "masked" in the report.
There is an option to "Hide masked fields when possible" on the exports page. This option will hide columns that contain only "masked" as its column values. That being said, if the survey mask changes throughout the timeframe at which you are trying to export data (e.g. the first mask changed on Jan 1st: Q1 Masked, Q2 Not masked; second mask changed on Jan 15th: Q1 Not masked, Q2 Masked; Exporting range from Jan 1st to Jan 31st), this option will not hide the columns because no one question is masked throughout this period. This is to prevent loss of data in exports.
If the Partial Submissions feature is turned on, and the user has not reached the masked question of the survey, but then either times out or closes the tab of the survey app, in the exports, that question will be marked as "masked" and not "unasked".