Step 1: Authorize Tickit on your device
1) Open SAFARI (must be Safari, not Chrome or other browsers).
2) Go to:
3) Follow the instruction on the screen to bookmark the app on your device (this will create a launch button to access Tickit®).
4) Enter your ACCOUNT ID provided at your Tickit on-boarding, which is the same as your URL PATH to access Tickit® on your desktop.
- ex. www.tickitforhealth.com/ClinicA
- Your ACCOUNT ID is "ClinicA"
5) After you enter the account ID and press "Connect," you will get a PIN number. Save this PIN NUMBER because you will need it to authorize the device.
6) Log in to the Tickit Dashboard.
For detailed instructions on accessing the Dashboard visit: https://tickithealth.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015296811-Introduction-to-Tickit-Dashboard
7) Go to DEVICES on the side menu bar.
8) Choose the device that you want to Authorize by clicking on the AUTHORIZE button.
9) Enter a DEVICE NAME and the PIN NUMBER displayed in the device.
*Remember that the PIN is unique to each device.
10) Select surveys to install then press SAVE.
11) Your device screen will automatically refresh when you’re complete. The device is authorized to your account. Now you’re ready to try a survey!
Step 2: Lock down your device
Lock iPads down helps your client or patient complete the survey on Tickit without interruption or distraction from other applications on the iPad. The last thing you want is for someone to leave your survey in order to check their Facebook page or play Angry Birds. Fortunately, there’s an easy way to put your iPad that locks down device access to a single application. Even better, this feature does not require any 3rd party apps or special mounting hardware; it’s built right into iOS itself.
Enable “Guided Access” in your iOS settings
1) Open SETTINGS on your iPad.
2) Go to General and press Accessibility.
3) Scroll all the way down to Guide access.
4) On Guide access page, turn on Guide access and Accessibility Shortcut.
5) Tap on Set passcode, and enter a passcode(this will prevent users from leaving "Guided access" mode).
Configure guided access
1) Open Tickit® app on iPad.
2) Triple click on Home button to open the Guided access menu.
3) Click Start at the top right corner to start.
*You also have the option to enable/disable hardware buttons.
4) Your iPad is not locked down.
*To exist Guided access mode, simply triple click Home button, type in the passcode, and press End.
Following setting helps to provide best experience on Tickit® app
1) On your iPad, go to SETTINGS > GENERAL.
2) Set USE SIDE SWITCH to LOCK ROTATION. You always want your iPad to be locked sideways when using Tickit®.
3) Turn MULTITASKING GESTURES off. This will ensure patients don’t accidentally exit the survey with a gesture.